Whether your child experiences social, emotional, behavioral, or developmental challenges, I draw on a wealth of experience,with thirty years of private practice and school-based consulting in New York, to help children and parents resolve their struggles and be able to reach their fullest developmental potential. I provide parent training to parents of children as young as two, and I work with children ages 3 to 18 using evidence -based strategies such as child-directed play therapy, DIR Floortime, mindfulness training, and cognitive behavioral therapy. I have given many talks to local and national audiences on a variety of child development topics and wrote a children’s book on anger management and self-regulation. Most importantly, I believe in building strong relationships with every client to help heal and facilitate emotional growth.
- BA Barnard College
- Master of Social Work: Columbia University
- Post-graduate studies: PhD Program in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health, ICDL
- Advanced Certification DIR Floortime
- Certification in Teaching Mindfulness to Children
- 30 years private practice
- Child development consultations in schools